Saturday, November 5, 2011

Why is my new tennessee walker so hyper and spooky?

I just got a six year old, gaited Tennessee walking horse. The first day I brought him home, he was perfect. He's getting progressively worse and worse. Now, I can't even get him to walk; he dances, chomping on the bit to go faster and bolt back to the barn. If I get too close to the barn, he'll gallop to it and try to take me with him into the barn! It's gotten to a point where his bucking and bolting and hyperness is really dangerous. It's been about a month since I bought him. It seems like he's the worst, most hyper and barn sour at dinner time. He'll spook at anything - even a human approaching him! I'm so frustrated that I'm considering selling him (I'm going to lose a ton of money... I paid over 4,000 for him) Do you guys have any clue to why he might be acting this way? Is the feed too much (same feed fed to warmblood hunter horses 2x daily)? Was he drugged before? Or is it his personality? Will he ever be the trail horse I thought I bought? ...thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment